Peach cobbler. Grease a baking dish with a little butter, then lay the drained peach slices in the base. Stir the sugar, nutmeg and self-raising flour together in a mixing bowl. Stir in the milk until no lumps remain.
This homemade peach cobbler recipe starts by draining your peaches and tossing them with a half cup of sugar. How to make Peach Cobbler: Add the sliced peaches, sugar and salt to a saucepan and stir to combine. Cook on medium heat for just a few minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and helped to bring out some juice from the peaches. You can have Peach cobbler using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Peach cobbler
- You need 1 cup of self raising flour.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 2 cans of peach slices in syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- It's 2 tsp of cinnamon sugar.
Remove from heat and set aside. Heat the butter on the stove or in the oven. Easy peach cobbler is the go-to recipe for our North American peach season. This classic dessert is perfect served on its own, or with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream or even a smooth, and creamy vanilla custard!
Peach cobbler step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C..
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and cinnamon..
- Add milk and vanilla extract and mix well..
- In a baking pan/tin, add melted butter, batter, peach slices in syrup. DO NOT STIR..
- Bake for 50 min to 60mins..
- Serve with ice cream.
Cooking and baking according to the calendar of seasonal produce is one of the joys of homemade creations. Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Spray the base of a shallow oven proof dish with cooking spray. Combine the self raising flour, sugar, butter and milk in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in the peach slices until combined.