Rhubarb, Apple & Ginger Crumble 🍎🍏. Beat in the butter and ground almonds to form a smooth paste. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, brown sugar, egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Fold in the rhubarb, apple, walnuts, baking powder, flour and oat bran, then spoon the mixture into the cases.
Peel the apples and slice the flesh on to the rhubarb,. Combine apple and rhubarb in an oven-proof dish; sprinkle over sugar. In food processor, combine flour, sugar, butter, oats and nuts. You can have Rhubarb, Apple & Ginger Crumble 🍎🍏 using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb, Apple & Ginger Crumble 🍎🍏
- Prepare of Crumble topping.
- You need 120 g of Stork marg.
- Prepare 110 g of soft dark brown sugar.
- You need 200 g of gf plain flour.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare of Fruit filling.
- You need 400 g of rhubarb.
- It's 80 g of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eating apples, cored, peeled and cut into chunks.
Blend until you have a nice, crumbly mixture. Spread over the top of apple/ruhbarb mix. Place into a saucepan with honey, water, lemon juice and vanilla. Peel and core the apple, then chop it into bite-sized pieces.
Rhubarb, Apple & Ginger Crumble 🍎🍏 step by step
- Cut the rhubarb into even sized chunks and put in a pan with the sugar. Heat gently for 5 mins until the rhubarb starts to soften and the sugar is melting..
- Stir in the apple chunks then transfer the filling to a baking dish..
- Add the topping ingredients to a mixing bowl and use your fingers to rub the fat into the flour and sugar..
- Scatter the crumble over the fruit filling. Then bake at 190 C for 45 mins..
Rinse the rhubarb and mix with the apple and sugar in a wide pan. Tip the hot fruit into a sieve set over a bowl and leave to cool. Method for Apple and Rhubarb Chutney: Chop all the fruit and vegetables, add the vinegar, sugar and spices and bring slowly to the boil. Simmer for about two hours, stirring occasionally, until thick. Pour into sterilised heated jars and seal.