Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop.
You can cook Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop
- It's 1 cup of banana flower(mocha) chopped and boiled.
- You need 2 of potatoes boiled.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of gramflour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornflour or maida.
- You need 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of roasted peanuts.
- You need 2 of green chillies chopped.
- You need 1/4 of th tsp red chilli powder.
- It's 1/4 of th tsp garam masala.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander chopped.
- It's As needed of oil for frying.
- It's To taste of salt and sugar.
Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop instructions
- Discard the purple petals of banana flower or mocha.Take out all the flowers inside each layer.Peel and remove the hard stick like stigma with round head and a transparent petal in each flower.Now chop the flowers finely and soak in a turmeric and salt solution for few hours or overnight.Discard this water if it tastes bitter.Pressure cook the chopped flowers with 1.5 cups water upto 2 whistles.Release pressure and strain out all water or dry up.Boil cubed potatoes and mash and mix both..
- Add ginger paste,gramflour,breadcrumbs,chopped green chillies,coriander,red chilli powder, garam masala and half crushed peanuts.Knead to form a dough.Heat 2 tbsp oil and lightly fry the onion.Add the mashed dough and toss all.Divide into round balls and flatten slightly.Make a slurry of cornflour.Dip each chop or cutlet in it and double coat in breadcrumbs..
- Refrigerate for an hour before frying.Heat 1.5 cups refined oil in a pan and deep fry the chops till golden brown.Serve hot delicious mochar chop/cutlet with tea or as a starter in parties with hot and sweet tomato sauce and sliced onion..