Easiest Way to Make Tasty Vegetarian Samosa
Vegetarian Samosa. Add the vegetables, seasoning and stir well until coated. To make the dough, combine the flour, baking powder, a good pinch of sea salt and the ajwain seeds (if using) in a large bowl. Traditionally, samosas are a fried Indian snack food, but these baked vegetarian samosas can be eaten as an entree, or along with some other vegetarian Indian food sides, such as rice and dal.
I have used filo pastry to make my samosa. Inside my vegan samosas is a spicy mixture of potato, carrot and peas. Authentic, Crispy, and Easy Samosa Recipe (Step by Step Punjabi Samosa) using boiled potatoes and Indian spices. You can cook Vegetarian Samosa using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Samosa
- It's 1 of Chopped Onion.
- You need 1 of Grated Carrot.
- You need Half of a mug of Peas.
- Prepare 1 Packet of Instant Mash Potato.
- You need 2 of Clothes of Chopped Garlic.
- You need 2 of Vegetable Stock Cubes.
- It's 1 Pint of Water.
- You need 1 of Heaped Dessert Spoon of Mild Curry Powder.
- It's 1 Teaspoon of Ground Turmeric.
- It's of Salt & Pepper to season.
- It's 4 Sheets of Pancake/Samosa Pastry.
- Prepare of Egg White to seal.
- Prepare of Cooking Oil in a pan or deep fat fryer.
You'll find fried, baked, and air fryer samosa recipe here. This recipe is Vegan/Vegetarian Samosa Recipe - Step by Step Punjabi Samosa Keyword: peas, potatoes, samosas, snacks, vegan. Large pan with high sides or a wok for deep frying. Super Crispy Vegetable Samosas that are full of peas and potatoes and infused with just enough spices and heat.
Vegetarian Samosa instructions
- Place all the vegetables, water, stock cubes, curry & Turmeric powder into a saucepan and simmer until soft..
- Remove the pan from the heat and place the mix into a bowl and slowly add the dried potato powder until it’s thickened. I like to keep it a little moist like a wet mash. Add salt and pepper to taste, then leave to cool..
- Take 4 sheets of pastry and cut in half..
- There are two ways to fill Samosas, by creating an envelope folding the pastry down into triangles or the way I will show you to get the same effect..
- Place a heaped dessert spoonful of cold mixture in the top corner leaving an edge. Fold over the first turn to create your first triangle, then fold again to make another triangle and repeat the pattern until you reach the bottom. Brush with egg white to create the seal on the last turn..
- You can also make mini cocktail rolls for party dinner canapés..
- Preheat your oil to about 180 or (test with a corner to see if it’s bubbling).
- I normally put 2 in at a time because it’s easier to manage, they only require about 30 seconds max on each side, then flip over until both sides are golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on a cooling rack with a catch tray underneath. That’s it, you are ready to serve..
- They can be made in advance and reheated in an oven, ideal snack and easy to make. If you like spicy food try adding some chilli to the veg mix prior to cooking. As always, enjoy..
Ever since I made this east African chapatti, I have been dying to make vegan samosas - African Style, if there is such a way of making it. I have no clue why I waited this long because I simply love these snack. Crisp, light and hot and bursting with flavour, we have great samosa recipes for a proper Indian feast. Try Anjum Anand's easy potato and pea samosas or Manju Mahli's low-fat version. This easy vegan crispy Indian Punjabi samosa recipe will be your new favorite go-to snack, entree, or even an appetizer!