HUNG CURD DESSERT (SHRIKHAND).
You can have HUNG CURD DESSERT (SHRIKHAND) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of HUNG CURD DESSERT (SHRIKHAND)
- You need 2 cups of curd (made from full fat milk boiled for 5 minutes).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Small quantities of raisins and shredded pistachios and almonds.
- It's of Small quantity of saffron (8-10 strands) mixed in 1teaspoon of milk.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder.
HUNG CURD DESSERT (SHRIKHAND) instructions
- Hang curd in muslin cloth for one hour or more till all the water from curd is extracted and hung curd is formed. Transfer the hung curd to a bowl.
- Add and mix 1/2 cup of sugar to the hung curd. Place the mixture in a strainer. Keep the strainer on a bowl and strain the mixture thoroughly using a spoon. Smooth and silky dessert is ready..
- Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and saffron to the dessert and mix. Also add shredded pistachios, almonds and raisins and mix..
- Keep the dessert bowl in fridge for cooling. Sprinkle shredded pistachios and almonds for garnishing before serving. This dessert can be eaten by itself or with puris, rotis or parathas..
- This dessert can also be made with fresh fruits like mango, apple, grapes, strawberries etc..