How to Make Yummy Mediterranean Pancakes
Mediterranean Pancakes. Buy Home Furniture & Decor Online Now. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Put noodles into a pan of boiling salted water.
Summary: This Mediterranean Pancake recipe is a healthy alternative to traditional pancakes. It uses whole wheat flour, which adds more fiber, and minimally processed raw cane sugar. It uses soy milk and olive oil, in place of milk and butter, and contains no eggs, significantly reducing the saturated fat and adding healthy monounsaturated fat. You can cook Mediterranean Pancakes using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Pancakes
- Prepare 5 Sheets of Pancake Roll Pastry.
- It's 250 g of Feta Cheese.
- You need 2 Handfuls of Fresh Basil.
- You need 5 of nice sized pieces of Sun Dried Tomato.
- It's 1 of Heaped Dessert Spoon of Onion Chutney.
- It's 1 of Dessert Spoon Pesto.
- It's to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Pan to fry with oil.
Instructions: In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, eggs, Greek yogurt, and milk until smooth. Steps Into a bowl add Crumbled Feta Cheese, shredded Basil, Onion Chutney, Sun Dried Tomato, Salt & Pepper and mix well. Try not to over fill or they may leak when rolling (you'll get the ideal amount after the first one).
Mediterranean Pancakes step by step
- Into a bowl add Crumbled Feta Cheese, shredded Basil, Onion Chutney, Sun Dried Tomato, Salt & Pepper and mix well..
- Cut your pastry sheets into 4 and place a heaped teaspoon of filling in the bottom left corner. Try not to over fill or they may leak when rolling (you’ll get the ideal amount after the first one)..
- Then roll your pastry over tight to half way, brush egg white on the remaining half, fold in both sides and complete the roll to seal..
- Once they are all done prepare a drain tray next to your heating oil in a Wok or pan, (they can be deep fried) I use a Wok with an inch of Oil..
- Test the oil heat by offering one end tip in and see it bubble to fry. I put 6-8 in at a time to manage the turning..
- Cook evenly on each side until golden brown, then remove from the pan and allow to drain on a rack..
- That’s it, they are ready to eat, they can be eaten hot or cold. I served mine with additional Onion Chutney. Tasty, different, enjoy..
Add the onions and cook over a low heat for. The principles of the Mediterranean diet are the same in the morning as for any other time—choose healthy whole foods, including lots of fruits and veggies, and limit heavily processed foods and saturated fats. Where you can, use healthy olive oil as the cooking fat or to drizzle over breakfast scrambles, whole-wheat toasts, and more. For a Mediterranean-inspired breakfast, serve up fried or poached eggs on top of sautéed artichokes and toast. If you can't find frozen, be sure to rinse canned artichoke hearts well--they're saltier than frozen.