Sweet and spiced stewed plums. Plums are a beautiful fruit to stew in autumn and winter especially with the spices of star anise, cinnamon quills and cardamon pods. They are such warm. "Zwetschkenröster", or Stewed Plums, are made out of chunkily sliced plums which are stewed with sugar and, in contrast to compote, without the addition of water (or only very little). The main difference to jam is that the fruits remain in large pieces.
Serve stewed plums along with breakfast or as a dessert with cream or whipped topping to impress friends and family. Every year, a bounty of plums arrives in the United States' supermarkets in late May. Sweet, with the perfect tang, plums are simply delicious eaten raw. You can cook Sweet and spiced stewed plums using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet and spiced stewed plums
- It's 1 of kilo plums.
- It's 1 piece of fresh ginger.
- Prepare 4 of cardamom seeds.
- Prepare 1 stick of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey (or sugar or maple syrup).
- It's 1 slosh of water (or wine if you're going to use as desert).
- Prepare 1 of thick slice lemon.
Only the fruit, a little sugar, and spices and you will have a delicious and versatile dessert ready in just about I used to take more sugar when stewing plums before, but I definitely like the less-sugar version. The dessert is slightly sweet, yet it retains the. Sweet Stewed Plums are so very easy to make. Sometimes we (including me!) just need reminding of how simple it is to create a different taste simply You can cook the plums with the stones-or without.
Sweet and spiced stewed plums step by step
- Wash the plums, cut in half and remove the stones. Put them in a pam and add all the other ingredients. Only add a very small amount of water - basically just enough to prevent plums.from sticking to the base of the pan..
- Cover the pan and cook over a very low heat for about half an hour. Leave to cool..
- Put the plums and spices in an airtight container. They will keep for a week in the fridge..
- Great with porridge, a dash of milk or cream and a sprinkle of seeds.
If you don't mind the stones, skip this paragraph. If you prefer to remove the stones, take a knife and. Stewed plums have that tart-sweet flavour that I adore. If you prefer a very sweet stewed fruit add more sugar to your recipe. But I advise a light Put plums into a saucepan, and add the sugar, water and lemon juice.