Recipe: Yummy Peach Cobbler
You can have Peach Cobbler using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Peach Cobbler
- Prepare of For the filling.
- It's 3 cups of sliced peaches fresh is best, but canned peaches work great too.
- It's 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- It's of For the batter.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar divided.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need Pinch of nutmeg optional.
- It's 1 of large egg.
- It's 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Peach Cobbler step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick spray or butter all around, including sides..
- In the prepared dish, spread sliced peaches out in a single layer. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons over top of peaches..
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 cup sugar and softened butter together until combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix well and then add in egg and vanilla extract. Continue to beat and mix together until just combined. (Batter will be the consistency of cookie dough batter.).
- Carefully spread batter over the tops of peaches with a spatula. Try to spread out as evenly as you can and covering most of the peaches, use your hands if necessary..
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream..