Recipe: Perfect Sig's German Pudding Cake
Sig's German Pudding Cake.
You can cook Sig's German Pudding Cake using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's German Pudding Cake
- You need 400 grams of ready made sweet short pastry.
- Prepare 8 of small dessert apples, peeled and cored.
- You need 100 grams of fresh blueberries.
- Prepare 200 ml of whole milk (full fat milk).
- You need 700 ml of fresh cream (single).
- It's 4 tbsp of golden caster (superfine) or superfine light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 packages of yellow custard powder.
- It's 2 of medium organic and free range egg yolks.
- You need 4-6 tablespoons of ground nuts or almonds.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour for rolling out the ready made dough.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
Sig's German Pudding Cake step by step
- Roll your pastry out on a floured table or worktop into a round shape to about 30 cm, if this is not sweet pastry sprinkle with a little sugar..
- Put baking paper or parchment into a 24 m round, spring form pan (cake tin) make sure to cover the sides fully.
- Peel and core the apples but try and keep the apples whole or in halves depending on size, if you can't do that quarter or cut them into eights and stand them upright side by side if you can and sit them on the dough..
- Mix the milk, cream sugar and Custard mix, heat gently until it goes thick and throws bubbles. Stir all the time so that it not burns.
- Take of heat, stir in the egg yolks and pour the mixture immediately over the apples.Sprinkle some almond slices or grated nuts over the top.
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or golden brown in oven at 180 C.
- Cover with alu or tin foil for the last 15 minutes if needed to ensure the top does not burn.
- Let cool completly and then remove from tin, let the cake set in fridge for a few hours. Sprinkle with a mix of vanila sugar and cinammo.You can make this with pears too..