Peach Cobbler. Free Samples & Next Day Delivery Available. Grease a baking dish with a little butter, then lay the drained peach slices in the base. Stir the sugar, nutmeg and self-raising flour together in a mixing bowl.
A dish so good, that there is even a special annual event to celebrate it. This homemade peach cobbler recipe starts by draining your peaches and tossing them with a half cup of sugar. How to make Peach Cobbler: Add the sliced peaches, sugar and salt to a saucepan and stir to combine. You can cook Peach Cobbler using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peach Cobbler
- Prepare of For the filling.
- You need 3 cups of sliced peaches fresh is best, but canned peaches work great too.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of For the batter.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar divided.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- It's 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need Pinch of nutmeg optional.
- It's 1 of large egg.
- It's 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Cook on medium heat for just a few minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and helped to bring out some juice from the peaches. Remove from heat and set aside. Heat the butter on the stove or in the oven. Easy peach cobbler is the go-to recipe for our North American peach season.
Peach Cobbler instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick spray or butter all around, including sides..
- In the prepared dish, spread sliced peaches out in a single layer. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons over top of peaches..
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 cup sugar and softened butter together until combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Mix well and then add in egg and vanilla extract. Continue to beat and mix together until just combined. (Batter will be the consistency of cookie dough batter.).
- Carefully spread batter over the tops of peaches with a spatula. Try to spread out as evenly as you can and covering most of the peaches, use your hands if necessary..
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream..
This classic dessert is perfect served on its own, or with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream or even a smooth, and creamy vanilla custard! Cooking and baking according to the calendar of seasonal produce is one of the joys of homemade creations. Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Spray the base of a shallow oven proof dish with cooking spray. Combine the self raising flour, sugar, butter and milk in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.