🍰 🍌Banana Upside Down Cake🍌🍰. Edd Kimber gives us an irresistible new take on the seventies classic. This stunning upside-down cake makes a great cooking project for teen cooks. Upside-down banana cake with maple-caramel sauce.
Turn tin upside down on a plate so that the banana is on top; release springform latch to. Make a cartouche with some parchment paper. Combine your brown sugar and melted butter in a medium heat pan - not too hot and continually stir so it does not burn. You can have 🍰 🍌Banana Upside Down Cake🍌🍰 using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 🍰 🍌Banana Upside Down Cake🍌🍰
- You need of For the cake.
- Prepare 100 g of sugar.
- You need 100 g of self-raising flour.
- It's 100 g of butter, (room temperature).
- It's 2 of eggs.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare Half of banana (mashed).
- Prepare of For the topping.
- It's 2-3 of bananas.
- You need 50 g of soft brown sugar.
- It's 50 g of butter, room temperature.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
You can use ripe or overripe bananas that add a nice caramel sauce type taste to the loaf, bread or cake. Bake the banana upside down cake. Pour your mixture into the baking dish on top of the cut bananas. It's ready when it's browned and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean (or with a few moist crumbs).
🍰 🍌Banana Upside Down Cake🍌🍰 step by step
- #Prepare_the_topping: Cream together the butter and soft brown sugar with cinnamon in a bowl. Lightly grease a 9" cake tin and spread the mixture onto the base. Cut the 1 and half bananas in a round pieces Arrange on the base of the tin..
- #Prepare_the_cake_batter: Place all the cake ingredients in a bowl together with 2 tbsp of the milk. Beat until smooth now add mashed banana just one time mixed with spatula gently. Pour the batter into the cake tin and spread evenly. Bake at 180° for about 35 minutes..
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes before turning the cake out onto a plate. Leave for 2-3 minutes before lifting the cake tin from the plate. Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving..
- #Tip: This is best eaten warm with cream or ice cream, but is equally delicious cold..
Leave the cake to cool for a few minutes and turn out onto a large plate or platter. Don't wait too long or the caramelized sugar. Banana Upside Down Cake is an incredibly moist and flavorful dessert, but it makes a great breakfast or snack, too. You can't go wrong if you serve this cake with toasted pecans and caramel sauce! This delicious Banana Upside Down Cake has rich flavor thanks to mashed bananas in the batter and a layer of banana slices in caramel sauce on top.