KATAYEF B KASHTA (LEBANESE CREAM DESSERT). Katayef b Kashta (Lebanese Cream Dessert) These cute little 'katayef asafeiri' are an easy Lebanese dessert for beginners to start with, as essentially they are yeasted pancakes filled with clotted cream, finished off with a simple orange blossom syrup and a sprinkling of pistachios. Qatayef are Lebanese pancakes cooked on one side and stuffed with a variety of stuffing. Qatayef with kashta are filled with a creamy kashta cream stuffing, dipped in ground pistachio and drizzled with rose and orange blossom infused simple syrup (the Lebanese artyr).
Katayef B Kashta (Lebanese Cream Dessert) by Zaatar and Zaytoun. zaatarandzaytoun.com T's kitchen. loading. Maamoul Mad bi Ashta (Lebanese Semolina Cream Dessert) Sfouf (Lebanese Turmeric Cake) Znoud el Sit (Lebanese Ladies Fingers) Katayef b Kashta (Lebanese Cream Dessert) Pistachio Chocolate Shortbread Cookies. Banana Yoghurt Bread With Salted Caramel Sauce. You can have KATAYEF B KASHTA (LEBANESE CREAM DESSERT) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of KATAYEF B KASHTA (LEBANESE CREAM DESSERT)
- Prepare of For Katayef mixture.
- You need 1 1/12 cup of room temperature water.
- You need 1/2 cup of fine semolina.
- It's 1 cup of self- raising flour.
- It's 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried action yeast.
- It's of For Clotted Cream Kashta.
- You need 500 ml of milk bring to boil and add 1/2 cup of expresso vinegar and once cooled drain very well.
- It's 500 ml of milk.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- It's 150 ml of extra thick double cream.
- It's 3 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- You need 2 teaspoons of orange blossom water.
Katayef b Kashta (Lebanese Cream Dessert) Hindbeh b'Zeit (Dandelion Greens in Oil Lebanese Fasolia bi Lahme (White Bean and Meat Stew) For today's dessert recipe of my Ramadan Series, I am going to share with you the one recipe that screams Ramadan to me more than any other, Atayef (Qatayef). Atayef are Middle-Eastern Pancakes made with very basic ingredients. They are stuffed with a variety of fillings like cheese or nuts and topped with a rose-water flavored simple syrup. Throughout Lebanon and the rest of the Middle-East.
KATAYEF B KASHTA (LEBANESE CREAM DESSERT) instructions
- In a mixing bowl, sieve the flour and add all the dry ingredients together. Stir everything well.
- Add the water and mix very well, cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Heat a wide non-stick pan on medium low heat and lower heat slightly, add a small ladel of pancake mix around the size of your palm. When bubbles form all over the top and the bottom is golden transfer between two muslin cloths to cool. Keep repeating until you finish all the mixture ( when pancakes hot do not put on top of each other.
- To make the Clotted Cream In a saucepan add 500ml of milk when it comes to boiling point add a half expresso cup of vinegar until it clots and drain very well.
- In a saucepan, add 500 ml of milk, extra thick cream, sugar and stir until its warm slowly add the cornstarch which was mixed with small amount of water. Once combined keep stirring on a medium low heat until the mixture begins to thicken and add the first round of clotted kashta.
- Place in a food container and let it cool cover and place in fridge for 30 min and can work with it after.
- Start stuffing the katayef and garnish with pistachios or nuts of your favourite.
- Best served with sugar Orange Blossom Syrup or Golden Syrup.
Add cinnamon and cardamom and drizzle of rosewater syrup and you have a dessert that you won't soon forget. The atayef asafiri on the other hand are soft and velvety filled with a luscious cream. The cream is then topped with ground pistachios for a touch of color and nuttiness. A drizzle of syrup adds the sweetness and the signature rosewater hint of Arabic sweets. Katayef Bi Kashta (Pancakes with Cream).