Recipe: Perfect Sweet potato balls dessert
Sweet potato balls dessert. Hundreds Of Different Retro Hampers & Gifts To Choose From. From Gourmet Food Hampers To Retro Sweet Hampers, Order Your Perfect Hamper Today! Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Heat oil in a pan over low heat. Once the oil is heated, add the sweet potato balls. Move the balls around during frying. You can cook Sweet potato balls dessert using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato balls dessert
- Prepare 1 of yellow or purple sweet potato.
- It's 1 of orange sweet potato.
- You need 1/2 cup of tapioca starch (for each sweet potato).
- You need 2 tbsp of water (for each sweet potato).
- It's 1 pinch of sugar (optional).
- You need of Serving broth (cold).
- You need 1 L of soy bean OR.
- You need 1 L of grass jelly.
- It's of Additional toppings (optional).
- Prepare of Grass jelly (cincau).
- You need of Mango.
- It's of Canned fruits.
When the water reaches boiling points, put the sweet potato balls in the water. And cook until all the balls floating on the water surface. Using a slotted spoon, pick the floating Biji Salak/ the sweet potato balls and drain them. Add the mashed sweet potatoes with flour, sugar, and water to form a dough that is not sticky to the hands.
Sweet potato balls dessert instructions
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice them into thick chunks. Place the two different coloured potatoes in different containers. Note: you can use any 2 different coloured sweet potatoes. The colours are for aesthetic reasons 🙂.
- Boil half a pot of water. When water is a rolling boil, put all the yellow sweet potato in. Remove sweet potato when it is soft, it takes approximately 20 mins..
- Place the boiled sweet potato in a bowl and mash it..
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 for the orange sweet potato..
- While waiting for the sweet potatoes to boil, prepare 2 separate bowls for mixing the starch. Pour in half cup of tapioca starch into each mixing bowl. Add in a pinch of sugar into each bowl (optional)..
- Place the mashed yellow sweet potato into one of the mixing bowl and the orange one in the other..
- Add 2 tbsp of water into each mixing bowl (add more water bit by bit if needed). Knead all the ingredients in each of the bowl until well mixed..
- You should now have 1 bowl with yellow dough and the other with orange dough. Take a handful of the yellow dough and roll it into a sausage-like shape. Continue until all the dough is used up..
- Cut the rolled dough into 1 inch length or bite-size each. Then, coat the dough with tapioca starch..
- Bring half a pot of water to a boil. When the water is boiling, put the coated sweet potato balls in. Once they float, they are ready..
- Prepare your serving bowls and arrange your sweet potato balls. I added grass jelly as an additional topping. Then, pour in your preferred choice of serving broth, mine is soy bean. You can add in ice cubes if you like it colder. Enjoy!.
Divide the dough into small, equal portions and roll them into balls. Roll the sweet potato balls with sesame seeds. The dessert contained cooked beans, taro (yam) balls and sweet potato balls in a sweet syrup and lots of crushed ice. Boil water with a steamer rack. Using a fork or a masher, mash the sweet potato and ube separately until smooth.