Odisha favorite snacks- Dahivada Aloodum.
You can cook Odisha favorite snacks- Dahivada Aloodum using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Odisha favorite snacks- Dahivada Aloodum
- You need of urad dal soaked for 4 hrs.
- Prepare of rice soaked for 4 hrs.
- It's of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of boiled potatoes for aloodum.
- Prepare of Chopped onions.
- It's of Sev.
- It's of Black salt.
- It's of Curry leaves.
- It's of Grated ginger.
- You need of Chopped green chillies.
- It's of chopped Coriander leaves.
- You need of Salt and spices.
- You need of Chopped tomatoes.
- You need of Cumin seeds, hing powder.
Odisha favorite snacks- Dahivada Aloodum instructions
- Strain water from soaked dal and rice and grind them well with little amount of water to make thick paste..
- Cover the batter for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes, add salt as per taste, grated ginger, Chopped curry leaves and mix it well.
- Put a kadhai on gas with high flame and heat the oil for frying.
- Then make round shaped vadas with a hole inside it and fry them until golden brown..
- Strain the excess oil from the vadas and put them in a bowl of hot warm water to make it soft..
- When the vadas become softer, make a tempering with the oil, mustard seeds, dried red chillies, curry leaves, curd and little amount of water and salt..
- Then put the soft vadas in the tempered curd mixture, your dahi vada is ready..
- Take another pan on the stove, add oil, cumin seeds, hing, Chopped onion, tomatoes, salt, and all spices and make a gravy then add the boiled cut potatoes and coat the potatoes well with the gravy,then add water to it and cover it for 2 minutes until the curry turns a little thick then turn off the gas. Your aloodum is ready..
- Now for the combo, take a plate of dahibara with curd water, spread aloodum over it, sprinkle some Chopped onion, Chopped coriander leaves, sev, red chilli powder, black salt and your dahibara aloodum plate is ready..