Italian Bread Appetizer.
You can have Italian Bread Appetizer using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Bread Appetizer
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter, melted.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic finely chopped fresh.
- It's 1 of loaf bread.
- You need 1/4 lb of Genoa salami deli sliced thin.
- You need 6 of Provolone cheese (1 oz slices), (cut into strips).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olives sliced , stuffed green.
- It's 2 of green onions , sliced.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- It's 1 tsp of water.
- Prepare optional of Poppy seed,.
Italian Bread Appetizer step by step
- Stir together butter and garlic in bowl. Roll out bread dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch square. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet; brush with butter mixture..
- Layer salami, cheese, olives and onions in in a 3-inch strip down center of dough to within 1/2-inch of top and bottom, leaving 4-1/2 inches of dough on each side of filling..
- Cut twelve 3-inch long strips, 1-inch apart, along both sides of filling. Fold strips across filling at an angle, alternating sides to give a braided effect. Pinch dough at bottom and top to seal..
- Cover; let rise in a warm place 30-45 minutes or until almost double in size. Combine egg and water in a bowl; brush over braid. Sprinkle with poppy seed, if desired..
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes. Cut into 16 equally sized slices..