Mathari tea time snacks.
You can have Mathari tea time snacks using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mathari tea time snacks
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of ghee/butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of carom seeds.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- You need As needed of water.
- Prepare As needed of Oil for frying.
- You need Handful of Cloves (laung) 30.
Mathari tea time snacks instructions
- Combine flour,carom seeds and salt. (add more or less as per your taste) melt the butter/ghee in a pan and add it to the above mixture well. Make sure that no lumps are leftover the butter.Knead the dough by adding water at a time..
- Take a ball size of dough and roll it using a rolling Pin and rollthem into 2-inch circles. Prick each mathri with a fork about 6-8 places, both sides each, to prevent puffing the mathri when frying.use water and fold in triangle shape.seal with cloves. Repeat all with same method..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on low medium heat. The frying pan should have at least 1 inch of oil. To check if the oil is ready, put a small piece of dough in the oil. The dough should make the oil sizzle and come up slowly..
- Keep heat on medium heat and deep fry matharis. (The oil should not be very hot while frying, otherwise the mathari will become dark brown but uncooked from inside)Once they change colour in golden brown, remove them on absorb paper.enjoy with tea and coffee..