Easiest Way to Make Tasty Matcha Ice Cream
Matcha Ice Cream. Save time and do your groceries online. Free UK delivery on eligible orders! Check Out Match Ice Cream On eBay.
Essentially, matcha is green tea leaves. In a large bowl, cream together the egg yolks, sugar and matcha for a few minutes, until thickened. Gradually pour in the hot milk mixture, stirring. You can cook Matcha Ice Cream using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Matcha Ice Cream
- You need 1 tablespoons of Matcha Powder.
- It's 2 tablespoons of Hot Water.
- Prepare 2 of Egg Yolks.
- It's 2 tablespoons of Caster Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- It's 1/2 cup of Thickened Cream.
- It's 3 tablespoons of Caster Sugar *mixed with Cream.
Gradually pour in the hot milk mixture, stirring. I love matcha ice cream, and this version gives me particular pleasure. Yes, it's ridiculously easy to make, which is gratifying, but more glorious - and important - is the perfect balance between the sophisticated bitterness of the matcha powder and the uncompromisingly childish sweetness of the condensed milk. The Japanese Matcha Ice Cream (Green Tea Ice Cream) is relatively new to me.
Matcha Ice Cream instructions
- In a small bowl, mix Matcha Powder and Hot Water well..
- Place Egg Yolks and Sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until pale and creamy..
- Heat Milk in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the hot Milk to the Egg mixture in the bowl, whisking constantly. The heat of the Milk cooks the Egg Yolks. *Note: You can return the mixture into the saucepan and heat up to cook properly..
- Add Matcha mixture and Vanilla, and mix well. Cool the mixture completely..
- In a separate bowl, beat Cream and Caster Sugar until soft peaks form. Add the cooled (OR chilled) Matcha mixture and Vanilla Extract, and mix well..
- Pour the mixture into a container and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until ready..
- *Note: The real ice cream becomes hard when completely frozen. To soften it, transfer the ice cream from the freezer to the fridge 20-30 minutes before serving. Or let it stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes..
Growing up, we had red bean ice cream, corn ice cream, durian ice cream, and yam ice cream but not Matcha Ice Cream. I only discovered this delicious ice cream as an adult and absolutely fell in love with it! Out here, we can only get this ice cream at a Japanese restaurant. Sometimes I may find a rare tub or two at. The texture and flavor were just like store bought ice cream.