How to Make Yummy Kourabiedes with chocolate cover
Kourabiedes with chocolate cover.
You can cook Kourabiedes with chocolate cover using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kourabiedes with chocolate cover
- It's of For the kourabiedes.
- You need of butter (or Corfu-type butter) at room temperature.
- You need of icing sugar (for the dough).
- It's of vanilla (optionally).
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need of blanched almonds cut into small pieces by hand (so you can taste them).
- You need of For the chocolate covering.
- You need of dark chocolate (I prefer the Nestlé Dessert baking chocolate).
- It's of haselnut oil, sesame oil or butter (for the chocolate to by shiny).
- You need of pistachios coarsely ground or broken into pieces with a mortar and pestle (or hazelnuts or almonds).
Kourabiedes with chocolate cover step by step
- Cream the butter with the 2 tbsp icing sugar in a stand mixer bowl over moderate speed for 15' until it is creamy and looks like a mousse..
- Then add the flour and finally the almonds. The dough is ready to form the kourabiedes in a size not larger than a walnut, making sure that you make them all equal so that they bake uniformly. Distribute the kourabiedes into two baking trays lined with greaseproof paper, leaving some space between them because they will rise..
- Preheat the oven and bake for 35-40’ at 160°C. At the end of the baking time, the kourabiedes should have a very light color. Set them aside in the baking tray and allow them to cool thoroughly for 2 hours..
- Place the chocolate in a bain marie (a bowl that sits over boiling water without touching the bottom of the pot) in small pieces and wait for it to melt, stirring often. Add the oil or the butter that will make the chocolate shiny. Without removing the pot from heat (so that the chocolate doesn't harden) dip one kourabie into it and turn it on both sides so that it is fully covered in chocolate, then place it back into the baking tray lined with the greaseproof paper. Repeat for all the remaining kourabiedes..
- Before the chocolate solidifies, garnish with the pistachios. When they all all ready, place them in the freezer with the baking tray for 15 minutes for the chocolate to set. Remove from the freezer and store in a metal box!.