Chewy Flapjack. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Melt the butter in a pan with the sugar, syrup, ground cinnamon and a pinch of fine sea salt.
Put margarine, sugar and syrup in a large, heavy pan and heat gently, stirring occasionally until butter has melted. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the oats and coconut until well combined. They're ideal as an after-school treat, or to serve to friends who pop round for a cuppa. You can have Chewy Flapjack using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chewy Flapjack
- You need 500 g of Oats (basic range works just as well).
- Prepare 6 of dessert spoons Golden Syrup.
- You need 250 g of Melted Butter.
- Prepare 250 g of Soft Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Mug Dried Fruit (optional).
- It's 1/2 of Mug of Chopped Glacé Cherries (optional).
- Prepare of Instead of Fruit how about Chocolate?.
- Prepare 2 of Heaped Dessert Spoons Cocoa Powder.
- You need 1 Bag of Chocolate Chips.
These Soft & Chewy Flapjacks are cooked when they are softly set and the barest rim is turning golden brown around the outside. If pressed, they may leave a little indent from your finger but once the butter is at room temp again, they will be good and firm and you can slice and devour with joy in your heart! Put the butter, sugar, and syrup in a saucepan, and stir ir over a medium heat until the butter has melted. put the melted mixture into a miXing bowl, and add the porridge oats and any optional ingredients you want to add. put the mixture in a papered tin, flattening the mixture with the back of a spoon. • For the perfectly chewy flapjack, you bake it for less time than you'd think. It will come out the oven not looking ready but it will continue to firm up as it cools, leaving a lovely chewy finish.
Chewy Flapjack instructions
- Preheat your oven to 160 (gas mk 5-6).
- Combine all of the ingredients together and mix well..
- Remove mix from the bowl and place onto a baking tray with parchment paper. Using the back of a large spoon, flatten the mixture evenly..
- Place into your preheated oven for approx 15 minutes until golden brown..
- Remove from the over and allow to cook a little before turning it out onto a chopping board to cut. Cutting when it's still warm is easier and gives you straighter edges. (If you opted for the Chocolate version obviously you will not see it turn golden brown so to speak but your time guide will still be around 15 minutes) as ever, enjoy..
If you prefer a crunchy flapjack, simply bake for a little longer. Spend just five minutes in the kitchen mixing up a batch of our apricot, honey & pistachio flapjacks. These sophistiated squares use just six ingredients, including crunchy nuts and chewy dried apricots for extra texture. Resist diving into your dessert until it's fully cooled to make sure your slices stay whole. The first thing to do when making the extra soft and chewy flapjack mixture is to soften the butter.
Search This Blog
Start with cream of chicken soup milk onion and seasonings. Lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish and use just under half of the stuffing to ...
Easy Appetizer with Fish Sausages . You can have Easy Appetizer with Fish Sausages using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here ...
Yummy banana roll snacks . Yummy Banana Roll: Roast the banana and then fill it with the mix then roll it. For a super yummy little ch...