Homemade Soy Milk Cottage Cheese.
You can have Homemade Soy Milk Cottage Cheese using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Soy Milk Cottage Cheese
- You need 500 ml of Soy Milk or Milk (Do not use low-fat).
- It's 1 of 2 tablespoons Lemon juice.
- Prepare of ● Sweetened Version ●.
- It's 2 tbsp of or (to taste) Honey or Maple Syrup.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare of ● Appetizer Version ●.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Grated garlic.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Dried herbs or Krazy Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It's 1 of as much (to taste) ● Adding walnuts or maple syrup is good.
Homemade Soy Milk Cottage Cheese step by step
- Heat the soy milk or milk until it's hot to the touch. You can use your microwave's "milk warming" function. Don't let it boil..
- Add the lemon juice to the hot milk and stir it very gently with a wooden spatula. The milk will separate immediately..
- Pour the mixture into a strainer lined with paper towels. Let drain for about 20 minutes. Gently squeeze out the liquid, holding the edges of the paper towel..
- Put the cheese and a pinch of salt in a food processor, and process until smooth. Make it even smoother by mixing it thoroughly with a rubber spatula!.
- When the cheese is nice and smooth, add honey, maple syrup or other flavorings such as Krazy Salt, and that's it! It will keep for 4~5 days in the fridge..
- If using soy milk, use the leftover whey to make bread. It turns out really soft and chewy! Full of nutrients, too! You can also use it in other dishes..
- Use the leftover soy milk whey for a super moist facial skin pack! It's a natural isoflavone skin toner. It will help brighten your skin tone..
- Homemade cream cheese can be made the same way. (See.