Easiest Way to Make Perfect Apple crumble
Apple crumble. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk From Apple Crumble To Chutney. Find A Huge Selection Of Recipes Place the fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle over the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir well being careful not to break up the fruit.
Try combining your apples with blackberries or pears for a delicious twist. Peel and core the apples, then quarter and cut in to chunks. Place the flour and oats in a bowl and mix well. You can have Apple crumble using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple crumble
- You need of For the filling.
- You need 3 of apples, peeled, cored and sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need of For the crumble.
- You need 175 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 110 g of brown sugar.
- You need 110 g of cold butter.
- It's 2 tbsps of rolled oats.
If you are making the crumble in advance, cover it with cling film and allow to cool to room temperature before placing in the fridge. Don't worry if the crumble doesn't looked cooked properly, it most likely is! Mix the flour, remaining sugar and the butter with your fingers in a bowl until it becomes like a breadcrumb consistency. Cover the stewed apples with the crumble topping, without pressing down.
Apple crumble instructions
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Mix the apple, 2tbsp sugar & cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add to a baking dish (20cm).
- Add flour and sugar to a bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and mix in with fingers until crumble texture..
- Stir in the oats then cover the apples.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Serve with custard or ice cream.
For the crumble all you do is place the butter, sifted flour, cinnamon and sugar in a processor and give it a whiz till it resembles crumbs. Next add the almonds and pulse, until they are roughly chopped and chunky. An old-fashioned simple apple crumble is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Delicious with custard, cream or ice-cream, it's the perfect pudding to serve after a Sunday roast. But a classic apple crumble is so simple to make you can whip one up any day of the week.