Early Summer Appetizer Chicory and Vegetable Bouquet.
You can cook Early Summer Appetizer Chicory and Vegetable Bouquet using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Early Summer Appetizer Chicory and Vegetable Bouquet
- It's 4 of Chicory.
- It's 2 of Carrots (sweet).
- Prepare 2 of Green beans.
- It's 2 of Sweet corn kernels.
- Prepare 4 small of Asparagus.
- You need 1 of Olives (black).
- You need 1 of Salt.
- It's of Ginger jelly.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of Grated ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Soup stock granules.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 grams of Gelatin.
Early Summer Appetizer Chicory and Vegetable Bouquet step by step
- For the ginger jelly, put 50 ml of water, the ginger, stock granules, and salt and pepper in a small saucepan and bring to the boil..
- Transfer it to a plastic container, and add the dissolved gelatin while still hot. Leave it to harden for 2 hours and then break it up with a fork..
- Prepare the vegetables Prepare some ice water and a sieve. Soak the washed chicory..
- Cut the other vegetables small enough to fit on top of the chicory "boat"..
- Bring some water to the boil, add some salt, and boil the vegetables. When their colour becomes vivid, soak in cold water to prevent discolouring..
- Place the vegetables on the chicory "boat", and top with the ginger jelly and your favourite herbs to finish..
- Bonus: The tomato "boat" was made by topping a yellow cherry tomato with cream cheese and placing it on a slice of cured ham..