A Chinatown Appetizer: Special Sichuan Cucumbers.
You can have A Chinatown Appetizer: Special Sichuan Cucumbers using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of A Chinatown Appetizer: Special Sichuan Cucumbers
- Prepare 1 of long and straight Cucumber.
- You need 3 tbsp of ★ Soy sauce.
- It's 3 tbsp of ★ Vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of to 1 tablespoon ★ Doubanjiang.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ★ Ginger (finely chopped).
A Chinatown Appetizer: Special Sichuan Cucumbers step by step
- Choose a cucumber that is as straight..
- Place a chopstick on either side of the cucumber as shown. Make thin slices in the cucumber perpendicular to it up to the chopsticks..
- Turn the cucumber over, and set the chopsticks on both sides again..
- Place the uncut side of the cucumber up, and make thin 45 degree cuts along it up to the chopsticks. The knife blade is not flat, it's vertical..
- Even if it's sliced from top and bottom, the middle is still barely connected. It's easier to eat than my previous version..
- Bend the cucumber as if a dragon is curling up..
- Mix the ★ ingredients together and put the curled up cucumber into it. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours and it's done..