Peach Gum Longan Chinese Dessert. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
It is a famous chinese dessert but I added smashed lemongrass and small lime/calamansi for a twist. Peach gum can be found in any chinese medicine. Use your hands to remove the seeds. You can cook Peach Gum Longan Chinese Dessert using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peach Gum Longan Chinese Dessert
- It's 60 gr of peach gum.
- Prepare 3 stalks of lemongrass, bruised.
- You need 4 of pandan leaves, knotted.
- It's 100 gr of dried candied winter melon strips.
- You need 8 pcs of dried red dates.
- You need 1 of canned longan.
- You need 1 of dried snow fungus.
- Prepare of Rock sugar to taste.
- Prepare 20 gr of dried wolfberries, rinsed.
- You need 0.3-0.5 cup of fresh calamansi juice.
- You need 2 litre of water plus more to add in the middle of cooking.
Peach Gum Longan Jelly Mooncake Peach gum 桃胶 is rich in collagen for beautiful skin & wrinkle-free, cleanses blood and clears acne and prevent urinary tract infections with regular consumption. Once cook, it's jelly-like stuff texture is soft and tasteless. It's mouth-feel can comparable to bird's nest. It is the resin from Chinese wild peach trees.
Peach Gum Longan Chinese Dessert instructions
- Prepare the peach gum. Peach gum need to be soaked overnight and cleansed from any dirt/impurities. Notice that after soaking, the size will grow and it will be soft. Remove any impurities/black thing on the peach gum. Buy the better grade if peach gum which has less black impurities..
- Prepare other ingredients. Wash lemongrass and bruised. Wash pandan leaves..
- Soak snow fungus in water for about 5 mins until it soften. Remove the hard part at the bottom and cut into smaller pieces. Snow fungus also comes with many varieties. Some are softer some are harder/crispier (no matter how long you boil it). I like the softer type better..
- In a big soup pan, boil 2L water with lemongrass and pandan leaves. Once it is boiling, add white fungus, candied melon strips and red dates. Boil for about 1 hour until the fungus soften. Adjust the timing depending on the texture that you like.
- Once the white fungus reaches the texture that you like, add the soften/soaked peach gum. Boil for 10 mins. Lastly add the wolf-berries and off the fire. Add canned longan and calamansi juice. Add rock sugar to your taste. Red dates, candid winter melon and canned longan bring some sweetness to the soup already. But calamansi juice is sour so adding a bit more rock sugar will balance the sourness..
- Can be served warm or cold :) enjoy!.
Sold as little golden "balls", they are usually cooked in soups and dessert. As I prefer to add more ingredients, the sweetness is naturally elevated and I usually don't add any rock sugar. Recipe:You may add as much or as little ingredients as you like, just adjust the sweetness according to your taste. Remove dirt and impurities from soaked peach gum. Use a sieve to rinse and set aside.