Kourabiedes with chocolate cover.
You can have Kourabiedes with chocolate cover using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kourabiedes with chocolate cover
- It's of For the kourabiedes.
- Prepare 250 g of butter (or Corfu-type butter) at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of icing sugar (for the dough).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla (optionally).
- Prepare 400 g of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 100 g of blanched almonds cut into small pieces by hand (so you can taste them).
- Prepare of For the chocolate covering.
- Prepare 400-500 g of dark chocolate (I prefer the Nestlé Dessert baking chocolate).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of haselnut oil, sesame oil or butter (for the chocolate to by shiny).
- It's 1 handful of pistachios coarsely ground or broken into pieces with a mortar and pestle (or hazelnuts or almonds).
Kourabiedes with chocolate cover instructions
- Cream the butter with the 2 tbsp icing sugar in a stand mixer bowl over moderate speed for 15' until it is creamy and looks like a mousse..
- Then add the flour and finally the almonds. The dough is ready to form the kourabiedes in a size not larger than a walnut, making sure that you make them all equal so that they bake uniformly. Distribute the kourabiedes into two baking trays lined with greaseproof paper, leaving some space between them because they will rise..
- Preheat the oven and bake for 35-40’ at 160°C. At the end of the baking time, the kourabiedes should have a very light color. Set them aside in the baking tray and allow them to cool thoroughly for 2 hours..
- Place the chocolate in a bain marie (a bowl that sits over boiling water without touching the bottom of the pot) in small pieces and wait for it to melt, stirring often. Add the oil or the butter that will make the chocolate shiny. Without removing the pot from heat (so that the chocolate doesn't harden) dip one kourabie into it and turn it on both sides so that it is fully covered in chocolate, then place it back into the baking tray lined with the greaseproof paper. Repeat for all the remaining kourabiedes..
- Before the chocolate solidifies, garnish with the pistachios. When they all all ready, place them in the freezer with the baking tray for 15 minutes for the chocolate to set. Remove from the freezer and store in a metal box!.
Search This Blog
Powered by Blogger.
Start with cream of chicken soup milk onion and seasonings. Lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish and use just under half of the stuffing to ...
Easy Appetizer with Fish Sausages . You can have Easy Appetizer with Fish Sausages using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here ...
Yummy banana roll snacks . Yummy Banana Roll: Roast the banana and then fill it with the mix then roll it. For a super yummy little ch...