Recipe: Yummy Spiced Apple Compote 🍏
Spiced Apple Compote 🍏. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Once your Spiced Apple Compote is cooked, you can serve it immediately or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Find more fall favorite recipes in the. Spiced apple compote is an easy, delicious fall recipe and a good multitasker. Serve it to top overnight oats, cooked oatmeal, steel cut oats, or add to plain yogurt or vanilla ice cream for dessert. You can cook Spiced Apple Compote 🍏 using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spiced Apple Compote 🍏
- Prepare 4 of Medium Cooking Apples.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Water.
- It's 2 of Star Anis.
- Prepare 3 of Cloves.
- It's 2 Tbsp of Sugar.
- It's 1 1/2 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon (or could use 1 medium cinnamon stick).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
It's so good you might want to make a double batch. Spiced apple compote is an easy, delicious fall recipe and a good multitasker. Serve it to top overnight oats, cooked oatmeal, steel cut oats, or add to plain yogurt or vanilla ice cream for dessert. Make this easy apple compote recipe with cinnamon and more spices.
Spiced Apple Compote 🍏 step by step
- Peel and core the apples. Make sure you remove all bits of the core so the compote has the right texture. Chop into chunks..
- Place the apples in a heavy-bottomed pan (such as a milk pan). Add the other ingredients, including spices. Add the water (this stops the apples from sticking)..
- Turn the hob onto a low heat. Cover and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. You might want to check that the apples aren't sticking. After 10 minutes stir the apples, you should be seeing them begin to break down. Cover and leave to simmer again..
- Keep checking the apples to make sure they aren't sticking, stir them regularly to help the apple break down into a paste. After 20 minutes on the hob the apples should have dissolved into a paste..
- Leave to cool and remove the star anise and cloves. Store it in the fridge in a tupperwear or jar. It should last for about 2 weeks..
Serve it as a breakfast, side dish or dessert. This easy spiced apple compote is sure to become a refrigerator mainstay. Use the flavorful compote at breakfast on oatmeal or pancakes, on your lunchtime turkey sandwich, or smother a serving of roast pork or pork chop at dinner. With a wide variety of sweet and savory applications, spiced apple compote is a. Spiced Apple Compote 🍏 Sally Strong Bristol.