Mango and onion chutney.
You can cook Mango and onion chutney using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mango and onion chutney
- It's 1 of mango.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- You need 2 of cardamom seeds.
- It's 1 tsp. of coriander.
- It's 1 tsp. of tumeric.
- It's 1 tsp. of fresh ginger (grated).
- You need 1 tsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 8 of dessert spoons balsamic vinager.
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 of dessert spoons olive oil.
Mango and onion chutney step by step
- Get the ingredients together.
- Put the olive oil in a pan and when it is warm, add the spices, stir and then the onions, sliced into very thin half-moon slices. Cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes..
- Peel the mango and cut into chunks. Since this will be a messy business, do it over a bowl so you can have all the mango flesh, juice and any collatoral damage in one place..
- Add the mango and juice to the onions. Add also the sugar and vinegar.
- Stir well, and when everything is bubbling.
- Cover with a lid and leave for 30 minutes. Keep checking and stirring to avoid any sticking to the bottom of the pan..
- It will look like this when ready - admittedly not beautiful, but very tasty!! Test for taste and add any extra salt, vinagar or pepper..
- Find the cardamoms, take out and discard. Serve the chutney with poppadoms.
- And curry. Enjoy!!.